We arrived at our hotel at 11am and our room was not ready, so we changed into our bathing suits and headed down to Palm Beach. This is like a family, beach resort area with white sand, umbrellas, pools and slides. I thought I had come to Heaven!
The slides were fun. The red slide was my favorite and I could not get enough of it!
Cheese....... When you are done taking all those pictures, I want to get back to playing in the water.
The people from the hotel finally called us to let us know, the room was ready for us. We got our suitcases and headed over to check in. I had my own suitcase with my clothes and stuff and I was the only one allowed to roll it.
Mamma and babba figured, I must be getting really tired and was ready for a nap. Well, helloo! We are on a vacation!!! I don't have to sleep..... at all! So, we headed over to the Rainforest Café. It was just like sitting in a rainforest with alive animals and thunder and lightning. I didn't like the moving gorillas at first, but I grew to like them and at the end of our visit could not get my eyes off them. Mamma could not make eye contact with me for this picture..... I was looking at a gorilla right behind her.
There was a lot of food and we ended up bringing the desert home. It was only one piece of cake, but it was plenty for all of us.
We headed back out to the pool. This time, we hit the hotel pool. There were lots of other kids and entertainment.
After a lot of swimming, we took a break to roast some marshmallows and enjoy s'mores.
I got to jump around in an inflatable pirate cove all by myself...yeah!!
Live music started early in the evening and I made a B-line for some chairs right in front of the stage. I kicked back and enjoyed the music. At one point, I decided to dance, but got a little shy, when everyone was looking at me.
Enough dry land, I wanted to get back into the water. I am sure, you understand, when you see this picture of the pool.
We played in the pool all the way until dark. Babba and I practiced jumping out of the water. I made a big splash when I hit the water!!!
Future football player...see my broad shoulders...It's a shame this picture does not show my ripped and tanned body :) We headed up to our room past 9pm. Mamma and I tucked in and I was out like a light.
Sunday morning, I slept in until 8am (yeah!!) We had breakfast and made one last trip down to Palm Beach.
We played in the water until noon and then packed our bags and headed home. What a super weekend. Now, I am really looking forward to all the Faroese visitors. I am sure, we will be able to on trips like this one and just have a great time!!! .... Can't wait to see you guys!!
No comments:
Post a Comment