Sunday, December 14, 2008

Enjoying some days off at home

The Santas from the Faroes and Denmark have sent us so many presents, including presents for the calendar. Every Saturday and Sunday morning, I get to open up a present from Santa. I have gotten candy, books, puzzles and all kinds of fun things. I really like Santa!
These past days, we have had a great time at home. I was supposed to go to a birthday party this weekend, but it was cancelled. Instead, we went to the annual neighborhood Christmas party. I took a picture with Santa, had some snacks and got a goody bag. There was also a moon walk and hayride. Mamma and Annika stopped by for a little bit, but didn't stay for long.
Mary and Aunt Christi came by to say hello and to see Annika. While Aunt Christi was talking to mom and dad and played with Annika, Mary and I were busy playing puzzles and trains.

This morning, we wanted to get out of the house, so we headed over to the Woodlands mall. Mamma and Babba told me about the carousel at the mall, but I really didn't like the idea of the carousel..... until I saw it (that's when the broken record went from: I don't want to go!...to I want to go!). Babba and I rode the carousel several times and he even showed me how to make silly faces every time we passed mamma and Annika.
Annika didn't get to ride the carousel, since she was fast asleep in the stroller.
Omma and abbi came by to visit this afternoon. Omma played with Annika, but had to be careful and watch her back. Omma recently had back surgery and is wearing her turtle shell and has to be very careful. Oh, and she showed us the zipper on her back!
Abbi, babba and I played puzzles and of course, we raced each other. We all won a game or two. Abbi cheated a little with his puzzle, but I still won some races!

No comments: