Thursday, December 11, 2008

Green peas and snow

Last night at the dinner table, babba told me a secret that abbi had told him as a kid: Eating green peas puts hair on your chest! I ate a pea and with in 2 seconds, I felt a hair grow on my chest and there it was! After dinner, I had about 16 or 17 hairs on my chest...See:
The weather forecast said, we may get some snow or sleet. Finally, in the late afternoon, it started snowing. We ran outside with a camera, but the snow was still too light to see on camera.
Little by little it came down and we were able to build this little, one inch snowman.
As the evening went on, more snow fell and we managed to build a slightly bigger snowman.
The ground was covered in snow and babba and I had a snowball fight. I won!
All of our neighbors were outside and enjoyed the snow and the kids were outside playing until late evening. It was such a cozy Christmas evening - Outside, snowflakes falling slowly to the ground, Christmas lights and children playing. Inside, Christmas music playing and the fireplace going. What a great evening.
After playing outside for a good while, we came back inside. We had to get undressed in the garage, since we were soaked.
Then I sat down in front of the fireplace to defrost and after some hot chocolate, was ready to go to bed.
Of course, I had to hold Annika for a little bit and kiss her good night first.

What a great evening!!

No comments: