Sunday, July 29, 2007

NASA

It was so hot outside today - too hot to spend all day outside, forget spending all day inside our house. Instead, we headed down to NASA Space Center. I took a nap in the car and was wide awake and full of energy upon arrival at NASA - which was good, because there plenty to do.
The International Space Station - or a copy of it rather - was on display. Waouv was the only thing I could say as I quickly ran by it to get to the next exhibition.
We got to see the inside of a space shuttle. Unfortunately, they had put up a glass wall at the very front. I really wanted to push all those buttons! I think I want to be an astronaut when I grow up.
I waved and waved to the astronaut, but he just stood there. Maybe, he took a nap?
This guy was much cooler. He looked like a robot!
This was my favorite display. I could not get my eyes of the cow in the space suit. Moo!
We worked our way up to the second level and I found more cool stuff to see and do. Finally, I got the chance to fly a space craft by myself.
And, I got to be an astronaut too. No sleeping on the job here!
I would love to have some of those remote controlled cars. I sat on the railing and just watched them as they drove around.
More buttons! After today, I really think I could be a great astronaut: I pushed all the buttons, I look good in a space suit, I love airplanes and other space crafts and up on the Moon I can jump really high and far!
We stopped at grandma's and granddad's on the way home. We pulled out a lot of toys and then granddad and I set up the hot wheel tracks. I had a great time. Soon, they will take us to the airport. We are going on the big airplane to visit the Faroes.Benjamin

No comments: