Now, there is one very good thing about having Annika: I am encouraged to and also want to do more things myself. I can undress and redress all on my own. Shoes are usually no problem and they end up on the correct foot most of the time. I pack my back pack when we head out somewhere. One morning, mamma promised me donuts for breakfast. But, then they were making sandwich on tv and I decided, I rather want sandwich. I jumped out of bed and ran out into the kitchen. By the time mamma caught up, I was in the fridge looking for cheese. On the table was a half made sandwich (two slices of bread with ketchup and meat). It was so good that I continued to make and eat my own sandwich for the next several meals.
Most things, I do...or try to do on my own: get milk, vitamins, put food on my plate (the chair comes in very handy). Sometimes I spill on the floor. Depending on the size of the accident, I either wipe it up or call for help.
I have also figured out how to open the front door and the garage door on my own. Usually, I am tired of waiting for the others to get ready and just want to head down to Cameron to play. So far, I am not allowed to go on my own and always have to wait for someone to come with me. But, I know how to and want to do it myself!
No comments:
Post a Comment