Sunday, November 11, 2007

Birthday Party

Yesterday was my 2 year birthday party. We got everything ready for the guests and dad and I decorated the outside with all the balloons to make thinks a little more festive. We also pulled out all of my outdoor toys and played music.Then, little by little, the guests arrived and there was plenty of activity in the back yard.
Dad sent these big rocket balloons up in the air. They flew high up into the sky and sounded like real rockets. Unfortunately, some of them got stuck in the trees or on the neighbor's roof.
The weather was perfect and everyone seemed to prefer to hang out outside.
Kaitlin made a lot of soap bubbles and Mary tried to pop them.
Cameron, who just moved to our street, also made it to the party. He is only one year old, but he is a really sweet, little guy.
Jemma, from daycare, is from England. She and her mom speak a strange kind of English. It is English, but it is not the English, everyone here in Texas speaks!! I like her way of speaking though.
Uncle Steve and Mary tried to blow a few bubbles.
Finally, cake and opening presents. I didn't have the patience to wait for the candle and song, but poked my finger in the icing and got a good chunk of the yellow icing. Mmmm, delicious.
John, my best friend from day care, and I had our dessert at the little table. He did good and didn't spill cake or icing. I didn't go that good and looked like I was wearing the cake. Either way, it was good.
Everyone had brought presents and I got to open all of them after dessert. John and dad had to help out. First, we read the card, to see whom the present was from and then, we opened the present. After 4-5 presents, I wanted to take a break and head back over to all the games. All in all, I got a lot of new toys: basket ball, cars, trucks, back pack, dvd, dinosaur, fishing gear for the bath tub. Thank you!!
Unfortunately, it got late and dark and everyone had to leave. Thank you everyone for making my birthday such a special and unforgettable day!!! Benjamin

No comments: