Monday, November 5, 2007

Texas Renaissance Festival

The weather was perfect on Sunday, so we packed our car and headed out to the Texas Renaissance Festival. It is an annual festival here in our part of the world

The festival area is really big. We walked around for hours and watched all these people dressed up as kings, queens, nobles, farmers, trolls, fairies, knights and a lot of other funny looking people.All the houses were just like in the old days.
We ran into a Centaur.
A lady painted a blue fish on my forehead. I didn't like the painting part, but I was very impressed, when I looked into the mirror.
We saw some belly dancing. The lady also danced with a basket full of snakes. She had them around her arms, neck and on her head.
Babba, mamma and I got to shoot with bow and arrows. Babba won, because he hit the balloon.Mamma and I rode the camel and I loved it. I wanted one more ride when we were done.Finally, the joust. The knights carried lances and bumped each other off their horses.
Here are the queens. They cheered for their knights. Sir Thomas won. We cheered for him too. The queens wore these beautiful dresses and we had to bow when they walked past us.
What a great trip!

Benjamin

No comments: