We slept in some morning, but finally woke up and managed to pack and make lunch bags and be out the door shortly after 9am. After half an hour in the car, I thought we'd been out and about long enough and suggested we go back home. Unfortunately, I was out numbered and we continued. Instead, I just decided to talk and talk and talk about airplanes, boats and candy. When we drove down to the beach in Galveston, it looked like a nice spring day. But, when we got out of the car, we were almost blown over by a strong and cold wind. We sat on the beach for about 5 minutes and then had to head back to our car for shelter...bummer.. Such a long drive and we were all disappointed.
Since we didn't want to just go back home, we headed over to Moody Gardens and visited all the pyramids: the Aquarium, Rain forest and the Science pyramid (Titanic showcase), we also watched a documentary about the Titanic and played outside. Early afternoon, the weather seemed to have improved and we decided to give the beach another go.
This time we had a little more luck. There was still a little breeze, but much warmer. I started our second beach visit by napping for half an hour.
When I woke up again, we headed out to the water. I was not so sure at first and wanted to be carried, but then I got the hang of it and begged mamma and Silja to come with me out in the water. We walked a long way out and we also jumped over the waves.
I built a few sand castles and of course tore them all down again. I also have to work on my tan for this summer.
Three good looking beach goers, don't you think??
Benjamin
No comments:
Post a Comment