Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Warmer weather

I was sad to see Silja leave. She went to the airport so early on Friday that I was still asleep, when she left. When I woke up and only saw mamma and babba, I started looking and asking for her. Finally, I understood, she had left and was in the airplane.

We started working on the floor in my bedroom on Saturday - yeah! We all helped out removing the carpet and prepared the concrete floor. Then, when it was time to put down the wooden floor, babba took over and mamma and I headed outside to play. A little later in the afternoon, Cameron and his parents came by and we spent the afternoon playing with water and boats.Sunday afternoon, we went to Kaitlin's birthday party. It was nice and warm when we got there, but it got a little windy later in the afternoon. I liked the pool! There were different opinions on whether the water was nice or whether it was cold. I didn't care, but wanted to keep playing in the pool. Every now and then, I had to get out of the water to warm up, because I was shivering. I kept looking at Kaitlin and Mitchel playing and sometimes tried to copy them. They are such good swimmers. Babba and I practiced and practiced and finally, I was able to swim across the pool on my own (dog paddling with my arm floates of course). I was so proud of myself and I had such a great time, hanging out with my family.
Omma and abbi gave me a Matchbox airport and some airplanes and I have played with them every day. I pretend, babba, mamma, I and the man (?) are boarding a flight at the airport. Then we switch airplane, then we switch again, fly a little and then switch again. In the end, we get in our car and drive home.
By the way, babba finished the floors and we now have wooden floors and tile only, no carpet!! Soooooo nice!

No comments: