Monday, October 13, 2008

Good and bad days

Saturday morning, we were up early, picked up donut holes and headed over to the park to meet with John and his mom. The weather was great and while we enjoyed our breakfast, we watched all the new moms with babies in their strollers line up and start exercising. John and I joined in on some of the arm exercises. The play date started out great and we had so much fun, but then I decided that everything was mine and I was not sharing. I was furious if someone played with my ball or sat in my swing or didn't do as I told them. I even wanted to take over John's new remote controlled car. In the end, we left the park and John - way too early. The rest of the morning was the same, I wanted to decide everything at home and got my self into all these situations that I was too frustrated to handle. So... we headed outside to wash mamma's car inside and out. Usually, this is something that I love to do... and I did... it just took us almost 3 hours, since there were a lot of distractions along the way. The final and major distraction was when I decided to pull out the big and heavy carpet-mount for the vacuum. I dropped it right on my left foot and got a big bo-bo on my foot and toes. At first, we were afraid, one of my toes was broken, but after ice, band aids and half an hour worth of cuddling on the sofa, both my foot and mood improved.Mid afternoon and I started to get sleepy, but flat out refused to take a nap. Instead, I sat down for a snack. I put my head down on the table and was out in seconds. I don't know why I was in such a bad mood that day? I guess we all have our bad days and sometimes, it is just hard being little in a big world.
Sunday turned out to be a much better and happier! We relaxed during the morning and around lunch, we headed down to Cameron. The plan was for us to make little ghosts for Halloween, but we weren't interested. In stead, we read all of Cameron's train books. I was a good boy and shared and played with Cameron with out saying Mine! once.
John's mom gave us a big bag of baby clothes on Saturday and we decided to sort and put them up on Sunday. Thank you for all the clothes, John's mom! John has a little baby sister too and she is now 3 months old. We folded the clothes and put them on the shelves. I had my own little pile of clothes that I folded and put up. I like space and put one piece of clothing on each shelf. When the shelves were full, I managed to hang some of the clothes on hangers and hung them on the door knobs in the bedrooms. I really look forward to baby arriving, all though I am not sure I fully understand everything at this point.

No comments: