Saturday, October 18, 2008

Small Projects

We've been busy with small projects this last week and this weekend. One evening, as we were getting ready for bed, the door bell rang. When we opened the door, no one was there. We'd been BOOed. This is a neighborhood tradition. Someone BOOs us and the next evening, we BOO someone else. Meaning, we prepare a couple of Halloween baskets of goods and BOO signs and leave it at their front door.
Once again did my inner artist emerge and I have painted one painting a night lately. The first evening I used these small tubes with paint. Well, I wanted to really express myself and there was only enough paint for one painting. The next day, we stocked up on bottles of paint and now I have a little collection going. I call it: All shades of Brown and Dark Purple!
I may expand my horizon and explore more into body paint. This form of art tends to come very natural to me.
Karius and Baktus, here I come. Karius lives in my left lower teeth and Baktus in my right lower teeth. I'll open my mouth wide open, point and tell mamma: SSeeeeee!!!!! Every evening, I brush my teeth thoroughly, rinse and spit out Karius and Baktus in to the sink. From there, the water flushes them all the way out to the ocean. (Fyi these are two little characters from a famous Scandinavian children's book. When you don't brush your teeth, they will dig holes and build their homes in your teeth.)
We decided to stay at home today and take it easy. I had some projects that I wanted to do. One of them was testing some physics laws regarding atmospheric pressure, vacuum and water properties in general.
I filled my bucket with water and put one end of a clear rubber hose into the water. Then I siphoned the water through the hose. If I held the other end of the hose up high, no water came out of the hose. If I held it down really low, all the water ran out of the bucket, through the hose. Hm..... Strange! I don't think water likes heights!
When I was done with my experiment, I found a pair of shoes that were sitting outside. I put them in my big truck and wanted to push the truck through the house, to the hallway, where shoes are supposed to be. Mamma said no no, the truck was dirty and was not allowed in the house. Only thing to do was to get a sponge, fill my bucket with water and wash the truck. I put the shoes back in my truck and rolled it through the house to the hall way. Again, mamma said no, the truck stays outside. This time, I protested and pointed to the sparkling clean tires. I won, this one could not be argued.
We did run down to the post office for some packages from the Faroes. The line was long and slow moving. Since I don't like too much down time, I grabbed a pen and some insurance, packaging and other slips and started writing letters to different people. I put them all in a big, red padded envelope and gave them to mamma to pass on to the mailman. Back home, we opened the packages and found many birthday presents inside. I wanted to open them up so badly, but mamma said no. These are my happy-to-you-presents and I can have them when I turn three. I have waited and waited so patiently all day today and I have asked a hundred times if I am three now? But no, I am still only two. We have to put many more Xs in the calendar before I turn three.

No comments: