Sunday, October 26, 2008

More Halloween

The Halloween Fest continues...probably all the way until next Friday. We were up early and headed down the street to meet with Cameron and then we headed over to a local church for their Fall Festival. They had all kinds of activities: Big boxes of corn, hundreds of pumpkins, Moon walk...you name it. For this occasion, I went as a doctor.
Inside, we found all the trains. This was a big train display with four operating trains driving through tunnels, over mountains, through villages and a circus too. I stood still for half an hour and just watched all the activities going on in this little world of trains.
Cameron and I went fishing and by the time we were done, it was time for lunch: popcorn and hotdogs.
Just as we were leaving to pick up babba at the airport, John showed up with his mom, dad and baby sister. I ran over to John and then we took off into the festival area. We played for a little while, but then we really had to leave to pick up babba. (John is behind the candy corn)
We were a little early at the airport after all, so we parked and rode the yellow bus into the terminal. There, we rode the elevator up to the top parking level and stood and watched all the airplanes arrive and depart. All of a sudden, we saw a very familiar airplane - it was babba's airplane. We waved and waved to babba, but he didn't see us, because he didn't have a window seat. I was all smiles when I finally saw babba. I am still the biggest mamma's boy there is, but little by little, I am becoming a little (teeny tiny) babba's boy too.
This weekend was also the annual neighborhood pumpkin carving. Well, it is usually the kids and parents in our circle. This time, we all met in our driveway and we baked a spider cake. It even had red jello in the center, so it would bleed when we cut into it.
Everyone brought a pumpkin or two and we all had such a great time. The final results were cats, ghosts, graveyards, witches, pumpkin faces and other scary carvings.
A table full of goodies. Babbba and I sat back and relaxed after we were done with our pumpkin.Tadaaa... here are our pumpkins.... Tonight, they are sitting out in front of our house. I love getting ready for Halloween.

No comments: