Monday, May 28, 2007

Birthday- and pool party

My cousins: Alyssa, Mitchell and Kaitlin have gotten a big swimming pool in their back yard. The pool is really big and really cool.Today was also Alyssa's 15th birthday, so we were invited to a birthday/pool party. She will soon get a Learners Permit. I think she is really excited, but I am not sure if aunt Tara and uncle Barry share that excitement?
Mary and I hung out with grandma and granddad. We really love grandma and granddad.
Granddad and I watched as Mitchell and Kaitlin got on the water slide. Later, granddad tried it too.
I wasn't sure if I liked the pool or not. I liked to dip my hands and feet into the pool and I could not stay away from it, but it was a different story when I got into the pool. This was my first time in a pool and the water was still a little chilly. I kind of wanted to swim over to the other kids, playing in the water, but I didn't want to let go of mom. Maybe I can talk mom and dad to come with me to our local pool to hang out some this summer.
His and hers swimsuit fashion. No, just kidding... these are just our swimming diapers. I do have a pair of Speedos. Dad got them for me in Las Palmas. I wore them earlier in the day.
As soon as we got out of the pool, it started pouring down. Poor aunt Tara and Uncle Barry, they had just put burgers on the grill. But, what ever they did, they did well, because the burgers were good! We also got birthday cake and ice cream. Mmm, yummi!
Of course, we sang Happy Birthday too.
After all the playing, swimming and eating, I was exhausted and just wanted to take a nap. I was asleep before we got out of the neighborhood. It has been raining and raining all weekend and today was no different, so I had to play inside a lot . Finally, it stopped raining long enough for us to go outside and chase a couple of cats before I had to go to bed.

Benjamin

No comments: