Monday, May 7, 2007

Galveston

This is a long entry.... but also a lot of photos of a great weekend. On Sunday, I woke up in a good mood. Of course, we came across a tree roach in the hallway. Mom grabbed the insect spray and a shoe and I grabbed the other shoe - hey, I am the man of the house. The reach ran under the recliner and I crawled around the chair and tried to spot the roach. Anyway, in the end, we won. It was a hunt that left me hungry for some breakfast.

Since the weather was better, we headed over to the park.
I wanted to pet the squirrel so badly, but it kept running away. In the photo below, you can just barely see the squirrel hiding on the other side of the tree.
And, now I have my own bike... It's a little big still, but I'll grow into it. For now, they will have to push me around...
Spending a whole morning at the playground left a little man like me hungry, so we headed home for some lunch. But halfway through my meal, I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open.And, in the end, I fell asleep at the table.
While I slept, mom packed our bags and prepared for our Galveston visit - we were going to see dad. I was so excited to see him. I ask for him all the time.
I would love to stay there and help dad.. there are so many boy things: nails, rocks and just stuff all over.
After stopping by dad's boat, we headed over to our hotel and got ready to go out and have dinner. We went to the Rain Forest Cafe and it was like sitting in the middle of a jungle. There were so many things to see and do and I could not sit still for one second, but wanted to roam. I was a little afraid of some of the animals. A man from the Faroes came out to eat with us. He works on the boat right next to dad's boat. Unfortunately, we forgot the camera.
Dad had to go back to work really early on Monday, so I didn't get to spend more time with him, but mom and I went sight seeing.
When the sun came out, I tried to work on my tan by the hotel pool.
We decided to go and visit Moody Gardens and ended up seeing two of the three pyramids. We saw the Aquarium and the Rain Forest.
We arrived shortly before they opened and so, spent some time outside in the great weather. Since there were no other people, I got to roam around.
In the Rain Forest Pyramid they had all kinds of animals: fish, birds, monkeys, butter flies and there was this little dragon that I could not get my eyes off
Great granddad would love fishing here...
See all the beautiful birds and all the trees. They were screaming and I tried to scream back, but couldn't quite compete.
My favorite attraction were the seals. They would swim around, jump and clap when being fed.
I'd love to have an aquarium like this in my room....
But, I am afraid, this is what I will get instead....
Mmmmmm..... French fries for lunch.... I am living the good life!
We also had a couple of lunch guests. I tried to offer them some fries, but they kept flying off. So, I ate the fries my self.
Maybe dad can do our landscaping like this? I would love having something like this in our back yard to climb on.
We finally made it out to the beach. at first, I wasn't so sure. I didn't like to walk around in the soft sand, but after a few steps, it wasn't so hard. I loved playing with the pebbles and shells and I also found a little shovel.
Next time, we have to remember to bring shorts and sun lotion...
After a day filled with activities, I crashed and slept for a long time
We stopped at my grandparents on our way home. They gave us an update on Gizmo (cousin Mary's dog). He is still very ill. I hope he'll feel better soon.

Benjamin

No comments: