Sunday, August 31, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

This is the Labor Day weekend, so we are enjoying a long weekend. We didn't have anything planned, since there are so many people out and about. Instead, we've been taking it easy. On Saturday, we did have a family get together over at aunt Tara's. I had brought my swim gear, but didn't really care to go into the water. Usually I love the pool and don't want to get out, but not this time. I preferred to stay inside and play with the trains and barbie car.
Mitchell came inside to play too. He played a little on his guitar and keyboard. Then he also put on this wig, talk about having a bad hair day.
We didn't bar-b-cue, but had KFC, fruit and cup cakes instead...yummi yummi in my tummy!!Towards the end of the day, I still refused to get into the pool and just stayed inside and played with all the trains. All the others had a great time in the pool and enjoyed the good weather.
Today (Sunday) was another day with good weather; weather was almost too good (too hot outside). Still, we were brave and went out for a long walk. I guess there is only so much to do inside on a good day. We walked over to the big bridge and down to the water. We wanted to see all the boats. There weren't as many as I had hoped, but there were a few, large, small, fast and slow. Every time they sailed by us, I waved to them!!

Fortunately, we found a Blue Bell Ice shop (or something like that)... what ever it is called, they have all kinds of ice cream. I picked the green kind and watched in the mirror as I ate and mmmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmmmmm'd between every bite.
Before heading home, I played in the water fountain again, had lunch and then announced that I was done and wanted to go home. I was out in minutes and slept all the way home... By then, the heat and all the playing and eating got to me. As a reward for our long outing, we have spent the rest of the day inside in the a/c, playing computer, trains, cars, playdough, washed the dishes, sink and everything with in 10 feet of the sink too :)

I am not sure what we are going to do tomorrow. I guess it depends a little on the weather. The big hurricane is not supposed to hit us, but I think we are going to get some rain and wind from it. Maybe on Tuesday and not tomorrow though. (Let us just hope the hurricane does not get as big and intense as they forecast and all the people in its way stay safe and unharmed)

Benjamin

No comments: