Saturday, October 27, 2007

Getting ready for Halloween

It was nice and cool outside this morning, so we got dressed and went outside to work on the yard. I mowed, edged and swept. Then, we found a very big, little ant community. I know by now, they bite. So, I ran inside and got dad's thick gardening gloves. We sprayed and sprayed and I think we got most of them. It was time for lunch and a nap by the time, we were done with the yard. I had worked so hard and was so tired that I crashed and slept for 2.5 hours. Usually, when I wake up, I yell: Mammaaa!!! Today, I got out of bed, walked out into the kitchen and yelled BOO at mom. We then got ready and walked across the street to Zormarie and Ronnie to carve pumpkins. They were preparing and Ronnie and I used our leaf blowers to clear the driveway. I really like Ronnie and like to talk with him about sports (Ball).
Mamma and I worked on one pumpkin. First, we cut a hole in the top and dug out all the meat and seeds.
We had a great time! I helped out a lot and also made sure to visit the brownie tray quite a bit.
Tadaa! Here are all of our pumpkins. Ours is the one on the left. We put a candle inside the pumpkin and then put the pumpkin outside. Tonight, you can see all of our pumpkins lit up in our neighborhood.
Can't wait until Halloween!!!

Benjamin

No comments: