Saturday, April 14, 2007

Feeling Better

Hi, I am no longer ill. At least I am well enough to update my blog. Last Saturday, all of a sudden I felt really warm and I just wanted to sleep and rest. When the fever wouldn't go down, we went to see the doctor. He said I had tonsillitis and just had to rest and keep my fever down. But a couple of days later, the fever was still very high and I slept all day and night and didn't want to eat at all. One evening, it got really bad and we went to the ER. But the wait was many hours and it was nasty there and we went back home. I felt so bad and just wanted to get better. I tried flexing my muscles, but that didn't help either.
The next morning we went back to the doctor and after all kinds of tests and x-rays, she said, i have pneumonia again. After I started on my medication, I felt better and wanted to get out of bed and play with my toys. It is no fun always being ill and I hope all this passes soon. All I want is to go outside and play.
This morning, I slept in and when I woke up, dad was already outside in the yard. I enjoyed watching dad working outside the bedroom window. I like to watch and learn, because one day, I'll have my own yard to tend to.Teddy was also awake and we decided to keep each other company.
I had to take a bath this morning. Luckily, the bath was full of bubbles and so was I. I guess this is what I will look like when I become an old man.... I can even be Santa!
Ha ha, silly me!!
Later in the day, we went over to grandma and granddad for a family get together. I was supposed to be at home and rest. Yeah, right: I am not good at resting and staying inside all day. I was well enough to go and I really enjoyed the company of my other cousins.
Granddad made the food and it was good. It was also Kaitlin's birthday and she got lots of presents. In the end, I got really tired and just wanted to go home. But, I did have a great time!

Benjamin

1 comment:

the Lewis Family said...

Oh Benjamin,
I am so sorry to hear that you have been ill! You poor thing! At least you have wonderful parents who look after you. I also think you have the cutest smile on the planet :-)