We went to Vestmanna to celebrate the New Year. We started out by eating dinner at Granddad's. All of a sudden, we saw all these people with torches walking by granddad's house. Mostur and I decided to join them. We walked a little past granddad's house, stopped and everyone threw their torches in a big pile. You should have seen the big bonfire, we created.
Grandma and granddad also stopped by to say hello and we all went outside to shoot some fireworks.
Later in the evening, we all went to Rakul and Bárður's to celebrate the New Year. A lot of people were already there when we showed up and all the kids were outside with their bags of fireworks. The table was set in the garage and everyone was gathered around dinner. More food for us to eat!
Finally! Midnight! Everyone got dressed in a hurry, grabbed their fireworks and lighters and headed outside. I wanted to join in and I liked to watch all the beautiful fireworks, but I didn't like all the noise and commotion. In the end, omma and I went inside and watched from the kitchen window.
Vestmanna is so incredibly .. in lack of better words.... beautiful over the New Year. All the Street lights are turned off and all the main streets are lit up with cans of fire and on the mountain side, on each side of the bay, 2008 is written with torches. We tried to take some pictures, but they didn't turn out that well. Here is a close up of one of the 2008.
When all the fireworks was over, we went inside to celebrate some more.
I crashed at 00.30. That was enough fun for me.
I woke up bright and early the next morning. For some reason, no one wanted to get up with me. After some begging, I finally had company. We made breakfast and and waited for everyone to wake up. Sadly, Mostur had to return to Denmark on New Years Day. We drove her to the airport and said good bye to her. I don't know what was worse: Saying good bye.
Or, realizing that only she was getting on board the airplane. I was not a happy camper when I found out, I didn't get to go. I love to fly.
After Mostur took off, we returned to Vestmanna. We were invited to dinner at great grandma's and -granddad's. Gunnvá and Djóni were there too, so I had good company.
How time flies..... 2008 already
Benjamin
No comments:
Post a Comment