Monday, June 25, 2007

A good Sunday

Just in case there is any doubt, we are in Texas:
Sunday morning, we got up early and after breakfast, headed down to Old McDonald's Farm. They had just opened and the weather was not too hot yet. We got some corn for the animals and made our way to the first pen. When we made it to the sheep, dad and I went in side the pen. The sheep were very scared of us and when I tried to feed them, they panicked and tried to run around me. Instead, one of them ran right into me. I was run over by a sheep, I guess. I wasn't hurt, just got a little scared. When I was done crying, we continued and fed all the other animals through the fence.
I got to be a cowboy for a little bit.
Then I found another horse more my size. I still preferred riding on the big horse.
When we were done visiting all the animals, we took a break and had some lunch. After lunch, we went for the car and went to visit great grandma and -grandpa. They love to sit inside and talk all the time, I do not like that at all. So, I grabbed a few cars and headed outside. I chased a frog around, but it kept getting away. Then great grandpa came outside and asked if I wanted to water their flowers.Since I was at it, I watered the pepper trees too.
I am not sure who got the most water: The plants or me - either way, I had fun. By then, I had no extra clothes and had to run around in my diaper only. I didn't mind! Great grandpa likes to tell stories about how things used to be. When I went to give him a good bye kiss, he told me when he was a little boy, his aunt tricked him to get the mail for her, by promising him a Yankee dime.
Still thinking about the Yankee dime story...
Great Grandma has this cool race-walker. We raced around the house. She pushed and I navigated.
Benjamin

No comments: