Saturday, June 16, 2007

I love escalators

Yesterday, dad picked me up early from daycare and we went over to grandma and granddad. I spent the night with them, because mom and dad wanted to go to the movies. I had a great time and played with all the toys, all over the house. Mom and dad came to pick me up around lunch time today, but before we went home, we all went out for lunch. To tell you the truth, I am not very good at sitting down at restaurants for more than 2 minutes at a time. There is always too much going on and too much to see and do. So, before and after we ate, I took a couple of walks around the place with dad and granddad. I crashed in the car on the way home and when I woke back up, I was in my own bed. Dad was working on something up the attic and I was determined to help him. I am good at climbing the ladder - both up and down. I can do it on my own, but I let mom hold onto my t-shirt, otherwise, she'd be too scared. I also found dad's flashlight and I had a blast with it. I tried to follow the round light on the wall, floor, ceiling... but it is impossible to catch. Instead, we tried to make shadow-figures of dogs, cats and horses. When it gets dark, we will turn off all the lights and only have the flash light and then I can tell you some scary stories.... I can look very scary, if I want to.
While dad finished up his project, mom and I went to the arboretum. I loved to run around and follow all the different paths. I saw a lot of birds and squirrels, but I was a good boy and didn't chase them. I know to stay on the walkway and and not to wander out into the flowerbeds and in between the trees.
The arboretum is very very big and it takes hours to see all of it. We only managed to see a small area, because it started raining and because we forgot to bring the insect repellent. The mosquitoes were everywhere.
But I did manage to play in all - or at least most of the small puddles, ponds, water fountains and so on, before we headed home.
Later, we went to the mall to walk around and to hang out at the play area. I played with all the other kids - big and small. Now, that I am a big boy, I can climb in and out of all the little boats, cars and slides. I don't mind if I am being pushed over, I just get back up and keep playing. Oh.... and I have discovered the escalators!! We rode them up and down, up and down and I know how to step onto them and off again, no problem..... Did I mention, how much I love riding on the escalators and wave to myself in the mirror? When I didn't ride, I stopped to watch all the other people on the escalator. In the end, the mall closed and we had to leave.

Benjamin

No comments: