Sunday, August 12, 2007

August 10 og 11

On Saturday was my godmother Birita's and Bárður's wedding. It was great and I have so much to tell you, but I'll keep it short. Otherwise, this blog will never end.

On Friday, we headed to Vestmanna. First stop was a my great grandparents. They are always first stop. Then we continued out to abba (granddad). We ate good food, played games and went up in the attic to find old toys.




On Saturday morning, abbi and I went out for a long walk while the girls went to the hairdresser. Birita was also there to have her hair set.

I did not get to go to the church to see the ceremony, because I fell asleep. Here are a few pictures.



After the ceremony, everyone was invited to the reception.


After the reception, mamma, mostur and omma came to pick me up at abba's house. We headed to Tórshavn to get ready for the wedding party. Mostur had to decorate a cake, she was making and then everyone got dressed. The event was taking place at a hotel.





Then we were asked to gather by our tables - Dinner was ready. They played music as the bride and groom walked in. Everyone else looked at them, but I could not get my eyes of the musical instruments. I kept asking for more music.

Dinner lasted a few hours and there was plenty of entertainment, speeches, music and songs for the occasion.



There was of course lots of kissing too.

Our table.




The waltz and wedding cake.

Then there was dancing until the bright and early morning.

Omma took me home around 10pm. I had a good time, but that was it for me. Abbi babysat me overnight and then the two of us went out for a long walk the following morning, while all the others slept. On Sunday we were invited back to Vestmanna for the wedding after party. I was quite the ladies man.

Benjamin

No comments: