Before anyone heads out anywhere, they have to stop by langomma's kitchen for some tea/coffee and food. So did we.
Then on with the booths and fishing clothes.
I was the captain as we sailed out towards the strait. At first, we aimed at all the birds floating in the water, so we didn't exactly sail in a straight line.
We stopped by the fish farm and saw all the fish swim around and jump out of the water.
Abbi came along for the trip and here the two of us look like a couple of real men of the sea .
When we made it out into the strait, we tried our luck and yes, we caught some fish immediately. Abbi caught the first one. I was not sure what to think at first. Usually, fish come in all sorts of colors and they live in the aquarium.
Mamma caught the next fish. I caught one too. All in all, we managed to catch 12 big and small fish. Langabbi sailed around and searched for fish and abbi, mamma and I did the fishing.
On the way back home, I enjoyed the view and all the water around me.
Ommudid (omma's sister) saw us head back in and took a few pictures of us. See, here we are, the boat floating low in the water because of all the fish, we caught today!!
I really liked all the fish and decided to kiss one of them. But, they aren't all that kissable. They are cold and taste fishy.
Back at the boathouse, abbi and langabbi had to work on the boat wagon that pulls the boat into the boathouse. Once it was fixed, we headed back to langomma's kitchen for dinner and dessert. Then langabbi and I looked out the kitchen window and waved at everyone walking by and played on the piano in the den. Right before we headed back home, Uncle Jón, Jakoba, Aunt Jenny and Tordis came to say hello and play with me.
I fell asleep in the car and slept hard. It took a good while to wake back up. At omma's house, uncle Tóri and his girlfriend, Sunneva were waiting for me. I played with them some and then they headed to the movies. I was really happy, they came to visit me. I was just so tired. Being a fisherman is a hard life.A super day and a super boat ride!
Benjamin
No comments:
Post a Comment