This week started off with a bad cold and even if I saw the doctor a couple of times, the fever just increased and I got worse and worse. I didn’t want to eat or drink, just sleep. On Saturday morning, I went to the doctor again and after checking me, she sent me to the hospital to have some x-rays taken. When the results came back, they said I had double sided pneumonia and they sent me home to pack my bags and told me to check in to another hospital in Houston. Once we made it there, there was a long wait. I was ok for a little bit, but then started to get really warm again and sleepy also. We finally got into a little examination room. I was checked all over again and again by all these different people that I didn’t like at all. I also had to do another xray and finally they came back and said that I was admitted. At that time, I was getting oxygen and IV, so I couldn’t go home.
I was then transferred to another room and this is where I slept. I tried so hard to get some rest, but the ladies came in every few hours to check on me. After a while, mom took me over on the sofa. I held on to her and I finally fell asleep and was able to get a few hours peaceful sleep.
The following day, I improved little by little. In the morning I was still feeling bad and only wanted to be held. From time to time, I tried to walk, but got frustrated by all the wires. In the end, I pulled out the IV – enough is enough!!. They tried to put it back it, but weren’t successful. I told them no more – they had tortured me enough.
Grandma and Grandad also came to stay with me. They drove all the way from Austin. They arrived shortly after I got into the hospital and stayed until late at night and then they showed up early the next morning. When I am ill, I just want to be with mom, but I really enjoyed having them there. … especially when granddad drove around with me on the floor where I stayed. We started out with the stroller and walked around and around and around……
... then in a little car....
... then in a bigger car.... (we circled the floor around 100,000 times... or at least really often)
Santa also stopped by to visit and I was only a little afraid. I didn’t cry, but was just staring at him and wondering who this guy is that keeps popping up every where these days. He gave me this little boy that prays his good night prayer when I squeeze his belly. I also got some of the little people toys. And Santa walked around and just kept laughing. What a strange guy!!!
Later, the doctor came and took a good look at me. He told me I was well enough to go home and told mom to give me medication to make me well. We waited a long time to get out of there. Maybe they just wanted to keep me around?? I slept in the car all the way home and it was so nice not to be interrupted by all these nurses. When I got to sleep in my own bed, I slept well, but had some bad dreams. This week, granddad will come over and play with me here at home until I am well enough to go to daycare to see my friends. Today, Granddad and I played a lot, we did hide and seek and he pushed me around on the airplane. I love playing with granddad. Thanks for coming to the hospital, grandma and granddad!!! My dad is on the big boat right now and he was so concerned and called a lot to see how I was doing. I know he really wanted to be there. I am fine, daddy!! Just hurry home to play with me!!
Benjamin
Benjamin
1 comment:
Hi Rakul!
I am so happy to see that you have a blog now! I just learned about it today -- I am really sorry to hear about adorable Benjamin's illnesses. Poor thing! Hope you are doing okay too. I am sure it must be really stressful and worrying when the lil one is not his usual smiling self. Thinking of you :-)
Lisl
Post a Comment