Sunday, January 7, 2007

Davis Christmas Party

Yesterday, it was the Davis Christmas Party. Dad's family gather once a year around Christmas. This year, a few family members were missing, but it was a house full of people and there were even some other kids too. At first, I was a little shy and only wanted to hang out with mom and dad. After a while, I warmed up and started socializing. I still didn't care to be picked up by others. I did discover something new: Stairs!! And now I love stairs. We don't have stairs at our house so I had to practice on a few steps. But after that it was a piece of cake. I zoomed upstairs and wanted to zoom back down, but ofcourse mom and dad wanted me to be careful. They tried to show me how to scoot down backwards, but that is no fun, because I could not see a thing. Then they tried to teach me to sit down and scoot down one step at a time... but that is way too slow. In the end, I got it my way and the held my hands and I walked down.... like you are supposed to.

Everyone had brought some food to the party and soon enough we all sat down to eat. But there were too many distractions and too many new things to explore and I barely touched my food. In the end I stepped outside with dad for a little bit. The weather was nice.
After dinner, it was time for more presents. First the kids got their presents and gess what?? I got two more presents. I got pj's and a big fire truck. When they brought out the presents and I immediately saw one that I liked. I ran over and tagged it... and it was my present.Granddad helped me open up the big package. It was the firetruck.
When the grown ups started on their present game, I fell asleep. I tried so hard to stay awake and wanted to climb the stairs just one more, but it was too late and I was too tired and I just crashed.This has been a good Christmas..... there is no end to them!

Benjamin

No comments: