Sunday, February 11, 2007

A busy weekend

Hi!

I am back! We have been busy this weekend. Of course, we cleaned the house and did laundry, but I can't always post photos of me vacuuming or wiping the floors. Today, we went over to visit grandma and granddad. Mary was there too and we played with all the toys. We rode in the big car and on the Elmo bus.
Granddad asked Mary to give me a kiss. Yuck! I don't kiss girls!! But, I really liked her shirt.We watched Monster's Inc for a little bit and also a Hawaii dvd. Grandma and granddad have all these different toys and I love to go over there and play with the toys. My favourite is still the big car. Mary, who is almost one year old now, is working on her walking. She can walk a couple of steps, but then she falls. Soon, she will be able to walk and then Aunt Christi and Uncle Steve will have to stay on their toes constantly. When I was little, I didn't know how to walk either, now I am everywhere and I am fast too!!
Granddad owns a real didgeridoo and it's loud too. When he blows into it, it goes: HHHUUUUMMMMM. I tried, but no sound came out of it. Mary sat at the other end and listened, but still no sound. I guess I have to practice some more on my didgeridoo. Oh, and see the new wooden floors!When we came back home, we went out to do yard work. We started in the front yard and trimmed all the vines and scrubs. I helped out and put the leaves in the trash bag and I also played a little with the cat. We planned on doing the back yard also, but by the time we were done, it was late and I was hungry, so we called it a day. Yesterday, I played outside too. It was a little cooler, so I didn't get to spend much time outside. I did get into the sandbox and managed to get sand every where.
When you have been outside working or playing, you have to clean up. I usually take a bath. I love taking a bath. Yesterday, I spent more than an hour in the bath, splashing, watching the water run out of the faucet only to disappear down into the drain.
In the end, mom removed the water stopper.... Not Fair!!!! But, then I got my warm milk and all was forgiven.Dry, dressed and full of milk, I had to take a closer look at how the pros dance. The TV aired a dancing competition and I was all eyes and ears and I tried a few moves myself. I did good, but still need some practice.
In the end, I was too tired and asked to be put to bed. After a long and busy weekend I was really tired. Specially when I don't sleep that well these days.... or nights. I wake up often and just want to be held and rocked back to sleep. I don't know why, maybe it's because I am growing a lot these days and also, I think I am teething big time. I have one tooth that just broke the gums and then I have at least 5 or 6 on the way. And, I do bite hard these days, just ask mom's finger!!

Good night
Benjamin.

1 comment:

the Lewis Family said...

I really like your sandbox! That is the coolest ever! Glad you guys are living it up down there in Texas
:-)

Lisl