Monday, September 10, 2007

Back in the old days...

Or, at least, that is how old the photos look. Mom and I came across her old camera and found that a few shots were left. We took some photos and developed the film roll. I didn't know that is how people used to get their photos. I felt really old fashioned picking up a stack of negatives! Strange camera!?! The film roll showed sign of aging - but no wonder, it was 4 years old.

Early in 2003 mom and dad went to St. Louis and there they watched baseball. Houston Astros and St. Louis Cardinals played and the Astros won after a long and cold game.
Summer 2003: Not to forget (all though, I don't even remember, since I wasn't even born yet) ... all the bricks in our back yard. Mom and dad had just purchased their first house and a couple of weeks later it rained so bad, the entire back yard turned into a big pool. Dad wanted to dig a drain to lead all the water away, but found nothing but bricks, when he started digging. I think, he still has some kind of brick phobia.
Summer 2003: Lake Travis, Austin. Mom and dad went on a weekend trip. Beautiful, don't you think?
Early 2004: Mom and dad went to the Houston Rodeo for a concert.
September 2007: Finally! Here I am!! I love to play with water - like usual. I think just about everything with in spraying distance has been watered enough to last through the rest of the summer.
On Saturday (2007) we went over to Mountasia to play mini golf. I won! I got only 10 points. Mom was number two with 50 points and dad came in way, way last with 51 points.
I had a good time looking through all the old photos. One thing is for sure, they didn't take near as many photos back then as they do now!
Benjamin

No comments: