Tuesday, September 4, 2007

San Antonio Day 2

Since we had so much fun on Saturday, we decided to stay for one more day. We moved to another hotel downtown. Our room had a balcony and a view over the Riverwalk. I loved watching all the boats, buses and cars drive by. Our room was way up there!!!
When we had unpacked and I had napped, we headed back out. We went to the Zoo. There were all kinds of animals: Bears, monkeys, bats, birds, dragons. You name it, we saw it. We also saw a really long snake. The zoo was beautiful. It felt like walking around in a forest.
I feel like this too sometimes!
See, more animals.

Halfway through the zoo, and of course in the farthest corner, it started pouring down. We ended up sheltering in a birdhouse. It kept raining and would not stop. Finally, we decided to be brave and run out to the car. Of course we were soaked. I had a good time though. I love water.
Back at the hotel in all dried up, we went out to town! First a good meal and then a boat ride.

I slept well that night and woke up so happy and well rested. Shortly after I woke up, a lady brought us breakfast. Mmm, I could get used to this.
A walk in the park to burn off some energy.
In the middle of the park, we found a tall tower. It went all the way up to the clouds.
When we went all the way up to the top of the tower, everything below us looked so small. Benjamin

No comments: